What is skin needling
Skin needling is a skin rejuvenation treatment that helps to restore collagen through a natural healing process.
Fine micro-needles puncture the skin surface creating multiple surface skin channels, and this stimulates wound-healing processes. In turn, this fosters new collagen growth in the surrounding tissue with visible improvement in skin texture and tone.
Skin needling also creates small channels that can allow topical skin preparations to penetrate more deeply.
At Aesthetic Harmony we combine our skin needling treatments with injectable moisturiser. This procedure administers tiny amounts of specifically designed dermal filler at intervals throughout the entire skin surface of the area that is being treated. This replenishes the age-related loss of dermal hyaluronic acid whilst the minute injections stimulate the collagen producing cells (fibroblasts) to slow down age-related collagen loss.
The resultant improvement in skin quality can help to visibly reduce fine lines, enhance skin hydration and boost skin elasticity.
Who is a suitable candidate
This treatment is suitable for the face, neck, décolletage and hands.
Skin benefits include:
- Reduction in the appearance of fine lines/wrinkles
- Reduction in the appearance of pore size and number
- Reduce the appearance of some types of acne scars
- Smooth coarse and thickened skin
- Enhance skin hydration
- Improve the appearance of surgical scars
Skin needling is not suitable for the following patients:
- If you have used Isotretinoin in the past 6 months,
- Have active acne, open wounds, infections, psoriasis or dermatitis in the area to be treated.
- If you suffer from melasma,
- Are prone to keloid scarring or struggle with abnormal wound healing,
- Precautions must be taken if you are currently using vitamin A derivatives in your skin care,
- Smokers should be aware that smoking compromises the body’s ability to grow new collagen.
What to expect
At your initial consultation, we will discuss your areas of concern and design a treatment plan to suit your needs. We generally recommend a series of three initial treatments at 4 week intervals followed by maintenance treatment every 6 months.
Each treatment session will last between 45 to 60 minutes. We apply a local anaesthetic cream to the area to be treated for 30 minutes before treatment. The actual skin needling and injectable moisturiser procedure will then last 15 minutes. There is minimal discomfort throughout. Mild redness and occasionally small bruises can be seen after the treatment which may take up to 2 days to resolve.
Most patients will see improvement within a few weeks and the process of skin rejuventation can continue for months after treatment.
As with all our skin and face treatments, we always recommend tailored and effective home skincare to maximise and maintain the results of your in clinic treatments.
How are we unique
We combine multiple different treatment modalities to improve skin quality. During your initial consultation we will assess the causes of your skin concerns and discuss the best combination of treatments for your specific anatomy/condition.